Monday 9 December 2013

Invictus

We all know where we were when Nelson Mandela died.(Actually I found out the next morning).Either way, whatever you thought of him, he did change the world for the better and in my eyes he was a hero who faced cruelty and oppression to bring peace to a country torn by racism.There have been many films made about him, but the one that stuck out to me the most was Invictus (and I haven't even watched all of it yet). The poem they used really made it come to life for me though, so here it is:


Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul. 
William Ernest Henley 
Just to round this all off here's a quote from the man himself
 It always seems impossible until its done.

I guess uniting South Africa may have seemed impossibe at the time but eventually it happened and to that the world is grateful.

here's a new U2 song that tells us about ordinary love and shows how you can love anyone no matter who they are



I could only get the lyric video but anyway

Carpe Diem

SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment